The Whisperer in Darkness
Gerelden Factions (363 UI)
- The King, royal household and extended royal family.
- The King’s most powerful vassals, known as the Bearers of His Majesty’s Will, have apartments in the Palace Borough, though some live outside the city.
- The City of Gerelden Watchmen are responsible for maintenance of public order and investigation of crime, as well as defence of the city in the event of siege; the organisation is presently riven with corruption and incompetence.
- The standing regiments of the Alban army are mostly quartered in Pranx, with a few within the city itself.
- The Royal Banking Association, suppliers of ivory for Ivory Petsos.
- The various artisan and trading guilds, who exercise control from their offices in The Great Guild Hall.
- The Elven Guild officially only has a mandate for elven-dominated trades not covered by the human organisations; in practice it also assists other elves in disputes with The Great Guild Hall.
Academic and Religious:
- Scholars of all kinds are in residence at the rival universities of Heddibrun and Esselfine.
- Various entities of the Formorian spirit pantheon are represented in the city by temples of a range of sizes.
- There are many followers of the Carpenter, often amongst the poorest citizens.
- The Applebys control much of the north of Gerelden, up to and including the docks.
- The Tracermen, a roof running gang whose refusal to respect the turf of others has brought them conflict from without and within.